- Degree in piano, Istituto Musicale L.Boccherini in Lucca, 1989.
- Degree in composition, Istituto Musicale L.Boccherini in Lucca, 1997.
- Specialization course in musical assistant and correpetitor, Teatro alla Scala in Milano, 1994-1996.
- Orchestra conducting degree at the Civica Scuola di Musica in Milano under M°Emilio Pomarico, 1997-2000.
- International high course in lyric opera conducting at Spazio Musica in Orvieto under M°Bruno Rigacci, 1998.
- Laurea cum laude in Lettere Moderne ad indirizzo storico-musicale, Pisa University, with Gabriella Biagi- Ravenni, thesis "Turandot e il finale di Alfano. Storia ed analisi di un conflitto stilistico irrisolto", 2002.
- Vienna, Musikverein, 2006, concert with music by P.I.Tchaikovsky, Bartòk, Smetana, National Philarmonic Orchestra of Czech Republic of Brno.
- Milano, Teatro alla Scala, 2007, as second conductor in the contemporary opera Teneke by Fabio Vacchi, whit Roberto Abbado as first conductor.
- Festival Puccini of Torre del Lago 2014, Il Trittico, orchestra Festival Puccini
- Festival Puccini of Torre del Lago 2005, Turandot, orchestra Cittàlirica.
- Festival Puccini of Torre del Lago 2003, Turandot, orchestra Cittàlirica.
- Festival Puccini of Torre del Lago 2002, Turandot, orchestra Cittàlirica.
- Firenze, Festivalopera 2007,2008, Bolero, Carmina Burana, orchestra Festivalopera.
- Siena, Abbazia di S.Galgano, Firenze, Festivalopera 2008, 2010, Die Zauberflöte , orchestra Festivalopera.
- As.Li.Co, theaters of Lombardia, 2010-2011, Tosca, Orchestra 1813.
- Arena di Verona 2013, Galà verdiano, conducting dress rehersal.
- Festival Lunatica 2011, Beethoven, simphony n°3 "Eroica", orchestra Festival Puccini.
- Orvieto, Mancinelli theater, 1998, Il Tabarro.
- Milano, S.Alessandro church, 1999, Messa di Gloria, by G.Puccini.
- Lyric-symphonic concerts with the orchestra of Puccini Festival in Glasgow, Amsterdam, Pisa, Lucca, Torre del Lago, Carrara, Massa 2002- 2011.
- Chorus Amici del Loggione del Teatro alla Scala, 1996-1998.
- Chorus Guido Cantelli, Christus, by F.Liszt, Milano, 2000.
- Chorus Lirico-Toscano, Madama Butterfly, Grimaldi Forum in Montecarlo, Principato di Monaco, 2003.
- Chorus Cittàlirica, La Bohème, Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago, 2003.
- Chorus Cittàlirica, La Bohème, Grimaldi Forum in Montecarlo, 2004.
- Chorus Cittàlirica, Tosca, Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago, 2004.
Many concerts with the Chorus Lirico-Toscano in the most important Tuscan cities.
Cooperation with Teatro alla Scala
At present he is the official music-stage conductor of the Teatre alla Scala, where he has been working since 1997 until now in the following roles:
Linda di Chamounix, conductor R.Abbado,1998, La Forza del destino, cond. R.Muti, tournée in Tokyo, 2000, Elektra, cond.S.Bichkov, 2005.
Pianist and Assistant Choirmaster
Since 1998 to 2002 he cooperated with the theatre's chorus (under M° Roberto Gabbiani until 2002, and then under M°Bruno Casoni), in all opera's productions.
He also cooperated at the preparation of numerous symphonic-choral concerts, in particular IX simphony by Beethoven, cond. R.Muti, Carmina Burana, cond. R.Muti; a lot of contemporary music productions, by composers as Azio Corghi, Fabio Vacchi, Adriano Guarnieri and a lot of sacral and polyphonic music, by composers as Palestrina, Marenzio, Gesualdo da Venosa, Vivaldi, Mozart.
Music-Stage Conductor, prompter and rehearsals conductor
Since 2003 he has been working as prompter and rehearsals conductor in the following productions:
La Bohème, cond. B.Bartoletti, Fidelio, cond. R.Muti, Vita, by M.Tutino, cond. G.Grazioli, Luisa Fernanda, cond. M.Roa, Tosca, cond. G.Bertini, Moïse et Pharaon, cond. R.Muti, Gianni Schicchi, cond. J.Conlon, Beatrice di Tenda, cond. R.Palumbo, Les Contes d'Hoffmann, cond. G.Bertini, Čerevički, cond. A.Remmereit, 1984 by Lorin Maazel, cond. the composer himself, Don Giovanni, cond. D.Harding, Jenufa, cond. L.Koenigs, Cyrano de Bergerac, cond.P.Fourniller, Rake's progress cond. D.Robertson, Idomeneo, cond. M.W. Chung, Da una casa di morti, cond. E.Pekka Salonen, Das Rheingold, cond. D.Barenboim, Die Walküre, cond. D.Barenboim, Quartett by Luca Francesconi, cond. S.Mälkki, Attila, cond. N.Luisotti, Aida, cond. O.Wellber, Tosca, cond. N.Luisotti. , Nabucco, cond.N.Luisotti, Oberto conte di San Bonifacio, cond.R.Frizza, Der Ring des Nibelungen cond. D. Barenboim, , Lucia di lammermoor, cond. P.G.Morandi, La sposa dello Zar, cond. D.Barenboim, Così fan tutte, cond. D.Barenboim, Simon Boccanegra, cond. S.Ranzani/D.Barenboim
Since 2005, as official Music-Stage Conductor :
La Sonnambula, cond. M.Benini, with choir and band conducting behind the scenes, La Traviata, cond. R.Muti, choir and band conducting, Idomeneo, cond. D. Harding, choir and band conducting, Rigoletto, cond. R.Chailly, band conducting, Aida, band's new instrumental version and conducting, cond. R.Chailly, D.Barenboim, Tristan und Isolde, cond. D.Barenboim, Wozzeck, cond. D.Gatti, Trittico, cond. R.Chailly, Il Prigioniero-Il Castello del duca Barbablù, cond. D.Harding, Assassinio nella cattedrale , cond. D.Renzetti, Carmen, cond. D.Barenboim, La donna del lago, cond. R.Abbado, Die Frau ohne Schatten, cond. M.Albrecht, Lohengrin, cond. D.Barenboim, Der fliegende Holländer, cond.H.Haenchen, Götterdämerung, cond. D.Barenboim, Don Carlo, cond. D.Gatti, Aida, cond. G.Noseda, Rigoletto,(tournée Tokyo) cond.G.Dudamel, La Traviata, cond.D.Gatti, Les Troyens, cond.A.Pappano
Lyrical recitals as pianist
About one hundred, in Italy, Great Britain, France.
He played with numerous artists: Ghena Dimitrova, Raina Kabaivanska, Maria Dragoni, Tiziana Fabbricini, Luciana Serra, Salvatore Licitra, Giuseppe Filianoti, Vincenzo La Scola.
Besides these activities, in 2010 and 2012 he cooperated as coach and prompter with San Francisco Opera House for Aida, Nozze di Figaro and Rigoletto.
He is also a composer. His saxophones quartet, Burlesca, 1994, has been recorded by "Pentaphon" discographer in Rome, and transmitted by Rai Radio 3.
He partecipated to many musicological conferences about operatic history, and his musical essay, "La prima versione del finale di Turandot", has been published in the programme 2004 of Cagliari theather, in connection with Turandot's execution with the first Alfano's finale redaction. In La Scala programme 2008, in connection with the execution of the opera Cyrano de Bergerac by Alfano, he published "Alfano, operista sotto tutela per il completamento di Turandot".
He has been reviewed from many important operatic magazines, as pianist and as conductor.
The most important french operatic magazine, L'opéra internationale, writes about his Turandot of Torre del Lago: "Bruno Nicoli impose une direction précise, tour à tour poétique et passionée, qui permet d'emblée à chacun de donner le meilleur de lui-même".
The 2005's edition of Turandot, with Francesca Patanè as Turandot and Marcello Giordani as Calaf, was enthusiastically welcomed: Rai 1, the most important national tv channel in Italy, described his conducting "original, colourful and precious", as well as the national press, that underlined his "intimate and deep conception of the opera" (Il Giornale) and the "technical skill, joined together with a particular theatral sensibility" ( Il Secolo d'Italia).
About his Trittico (Festival Puccini 2014 with Amarilli Nizza e Alberto Mastromarino), Nicola Lischi on Operabritanniauk.wordpress.com portrays "a translucent, colourful performance, making the transition from tempo to tempo with a suppleness eminently natural, skilfully balancing the the tragic and lyrical elements of the opera", and Carla Moreni (Il Sole 24ore) describes a "clever conducting and a splendid performance". Maria Teresa Giovagnoli on MTG Lirica : "Bruno Nicoli obtains the best from the orchestra. The sound is harmonious and enfolding, he supports and guides the singers with elegance and ability of color: a special, precious performance"